The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends.
Our vision is a world where the diversity of life thrives, and people act to conserve nature for its own sake and its ability to fulfill our needs and enrich our lives.
How do we achieve this mission and vision?
- Through the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff, including more than 600 scientists, all of whom impact conservation in 72 countries.
- With the help of our many partners, from individuals and governments to local nonprofits and corporations.
- By using a non-confrontational, collaborative approach and staying true to our five unique core values.
- Turn off lights that you are not using.
- Install a programmable thermostat to regulate your heating and cooling when you are not home.
- Set your water heater to a lower setting or call a service person to adjust it for you.
- Hang your clothes to dry either on a clothesline or a clothes tree, at least some of the time. In the winter, this is a natural humidifier in a dry room.
- Buy rechargeable batteries and a recharger.
- The fuller the freezer, the more energy efficient it is.
- Use a microwave rather than an oven, range or toaster oven whenever possible.